Our client is South London is looking to appoint a Strategic Commissioning Manager - Accommodation & Pathway Management as part of the Adult and Social care team. In this role you will be responsible for the Strategic commissioning, market shaping, and contract management of Adult Social Care & Health services and support offers. The post holder will be responsible for matrix management of a project team to deliver a review of accommodation provision and pathways across Adult Social Care & Health.
1. Ensure the social care and wellbeing needs of the local population are embedded in all commissioning strategies by championing and challenging on behalf of the local population and on best available evidence.
2. Foster excellent working relations with the placements and brokerage teams, operational teams and provider market
3. Be responsible for developing and implementing a joint strategy for planning, commissioning, market management and developing support services and markets in full consultation with all stakeholders.
4. Ensure that commissioned services are cost effective and achieve good individual outcomes which maximise confidence, independence that are preventative in nature and promote healthy lifestyles;
5. Ensure contract management is undertaken in order to ensure compliance and value for money
6. Brief Cabinet Members and Councillors as required and attend appropriate Cabinet, Scrutiny and Health & Wellbeing Boards and meetings representing the commissioning function.
For this assignment, it is essential that you have substantial and demonstrable knowledge and professional experience of commissioning in a health and or care setting and demonstrable knowledge of current legislation and policy relating to health and social care.
This role is for 6 months initially and the pay rate is set at £350-£400/day umbrella