An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for an award-winning company, taking forward a wide portfolio of general planning consultancy project work; including residential and regeneration schemes, town expansion, retail, renewable energy, commercial, rural and heritage related developments
o The evaluation of all types of planning applications, but in particular large and complex applications.
o Advise and negotiate with applicants, securing improvements where necessary and including negotiation with developers on s106 agreements where required.
o Preparation of reports on more complex development proposals, enforcement cases and planning and other applications.
o Prepare evidence and to represent the Client at planning or enforcement appeals, whether dealt with by written representations, hearings or public inquiries.
o Keep up to date with legislation, Government guidance and best practice in all areas of Planning.
o Advising clients in relation to planning policy and making representations on Local Plans, Neighbourhood Plans and supporting evidence, including Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessments (SHLAAs) and Strategic Housing Market Assessments (SHMAs).
o Preparation of evidence and to represent the client at Local Plan and Neighbourhood Plan Examinations.
o Develop and expand client base which will include writing proposals for new projects/clients and preparation of tender responses.
o Mentor junior members of the team.
- The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, to explain complex plans and proposals to a wide range of customers.
- A good understanding of current planning law and practice
- Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to resolve conflicts
- Extensive project management experience
- With the support of the company, the ability to seek and develop your own client base for the wider good as well as the ability to maintain current client relationships.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to interface professionally and socially with a variety of different professional groups
- Ability to manage time and resources efficiently and handle demanding
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and experienced professional to propel their career to the next level. Our client is offering a very competitive remuneration package, circa £35,000 - £46,000 depending on experience, in addition to full benefits.
If you are interested in this job, please apply now, alternatively you can call me for an informal discussion about it - 07894229847
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in Planning, please do send your CV to me (CJ Obi) - firstname.lastname@example.org