Our client based in East London is looking to appoint a Commissioning Manager to help lead on the commissioning/de-commissioning of services and resource allocation to meet the needs of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities and for children with health needs, including mental health, together with joint commissioning activity with key partners.
The post-holder will seek to drive change in order to secure improved outcomes for children and young people in the borough. This will be achieved through the commissioning of services through a range of options including negotiation, procurement, partnership development, enabling, regulating etc. You will produce service specifications and service level agreements to achieve improved outcomes for service users.
Some key responsibilities:
- To be familiar with and keep up to date with national legislation & policy, best practice and external factors relating to children and young people and their families, social care services and commissioning.
- To lead on the development of rigorous quality assurance and safeguarding procedures to monitor all independent and out of borough provision.
- Report progress against performance targets and strategic objectives through various meetings and Boards in the form of written reports.
- Undertake benchmarking activities across the service as a whole, both with local/regional and national agencies, including the analysis of information and outcomes to increase awareness of the positioning of the authority and highlight areas to improve on outcomes.
- Provision of strategic leadership for the Council’s commissioning plans, which involves working with senior officers and members across the council, external partners and providers to achieve the best outcomes for residents.
The client is seeking someone that has ideally got a background in Children's commissioned services previously, specifically within SEND. This assignment is set for an initial period of 3 months and the pay rate will be £450-£500/day umbrella. If you feel that you have the relevant experience to undertake this role then please get in touch to discuss further.