Our client based in South West London is looking to appoint a Public Health Consultant to work with Directors of Public Health (DsPH) across South West London (SWL) to provide public health leadership and expertise to support the development of the South West London Integrated Care System (SWL ICS) so it improves population health and tackles inequalities.
• Contributing to and influencing the development of system wide strategies, plans and programmes
• Helping develop the ICS approach to tackling inequalities particularly through a focus on wider determinants
• Ensuring the development and embedding of a successful population health management approach
• Building a focus on prevention and early intervention
• Supporting the development of an effective approach to monitoring progress of the ICS in improving outcomes for residents.
In general, the post holder will be expected to be able to cope with multiple and changing demands, and to meet tight deadlines. A high level political awareness, negotiation and motivation skills and flexibility are required. The post holder will deal with complex public health issues, advising Council Leaders, Chief Executives, DsPH and senior council executives to make recommendations regarding services, patient care and wider determinants of health.
This assignment is set for an initial period of 3 months with an extension likely thereafter and the pay will be £600/day umbrella minimum.