Our client is a Local Authority in London and they need an established Project Director to join them for a contract role (maternity cover) and lead on a joint venture with a Housing Association to deliver a mixed use Civic Campus.
You will have senior responsibility for the refurbishment of a Town Hall listed building, which will also include the addition of two floors on top in a new structure which will be the main base for all council officers. You will also lead on a number of other new construction projects including:
• 204 residential units, 52% affordable
• New cinema
• Additional 9,000sqm office block
• Affordable workspace
• Retail units
• Café unit
• Public square, and wider public realm
To apply you will need to be experienced/ educated to degree level or equivalent, and have recent experience of delivering a similar programme of work, either for another local authority or a developer. You will have an excellent technical knowledge and you must be able to work under minimal supervision and be comfortable dealing with deadlines and working to co-ordinate resources effectively. Good communication skills are critical.
You must also have:
- Extensive experience of delivering mixed use development schemes.
- Extensive experience of overseeing the delivery of major construction projects
- Extensive experience of oversight of technical consultancies including: architects, Employers Agents and Cost Consultants.
- Full Member or Fellowship of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors would be beneficial.
This is a maternity cover post which will run until the end of Oct 2022. It is inside IR35 and the rate offered is £600/day. Our client offers hybrid working, which will predominantly be home working.
Please get in touch for further details.