Our client based in the North West of England is looking to appoint an Assistant Director of Integrated Commissioning be accountable for the strategic management and leadership of the Council’s integrated commissioning arrangements focused primarily on Adult Social Care.
In this role you will devise and deliver the Council’s approach to integrated health commissioning working with relevant partners arising from the planned dissolution of the CCG. You will develop an effective strategy, working with partners, to deliver the Council’s approach to place-based health commissioning following the dissolution of the CCG. To do this you must forge strong relationships with local GPs and Primary Care Networks to ensure the membership are engaged with the Council’s place-based commissioning ambition.
Some key Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Mayor and elected Members in the formulation and review of service policies to achieve the Council’s strategic objectives and statutory obligations.
2. Initiate and develop strong working relationships, both internally and externally, and maintain effective networks in order to seek out new ideas and innovations to improve service delivery.
3. Visibly promote and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity in all areas of the service and wider business.
4. Be responsible for the effective management of relevant HR policy and procedures, including disciplinary, welfare and attendance
5. To maintain an in-depth understanding of the Government’s policy around the integration of Local Government and the NHS and put appropriate arrangements in place to ensure effective implementation
6. Contribute to the Council’s performance management framework and other key strategies and business plans including delivery of relevant aspects of the City Plan.
In order to undertake this role, you must have a comprehensive understanding of local government and health integration together with the devolution of powers to local and city region level, the national and political context within which it operates and the current challenges and opportunities it presents.
This assignment is set for an initial period of 6 months and the pay rate is £800/day umbrella. For more information please get in touch.